With Spring arriving the weather is permitting some al fresco dining in some regions. If you’re lucky to be living in one of those warmer regions you may enjoy dining outside. Fire up the grill and make this delicious and easy salad full of anti-inflammatory ingredients like blueberries and garlic.
For the salad:
- 1 bag of pre-washed organic mixed greens
- 1 medium sized red onion, small diced
- 1 seedless orange, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries, washed well
- Handful of fresh cilantro, roughly chopped (may substitute fresh parsley)
- 2 6-ounce skinless chicken breasts, patted dry
- Grapeseed oil
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup Good quality extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar or balsamic (may substitute freshly squeezed orange juice)
- 1 garlic clove smashed and minced well
- Sea salt about a teaspoon
- Freshly ground black pepper
Wisk all the ingredients together for the dressing and check the seasoning. Take about 3 tablespoons of it and rub over the chicken and let it marinate in a dish in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes. Set the rest of the dressing aside and assemble the salad mixing the onion, oranges, blueberries and herbs together. Grill the chicken breasts until they are cooked through, about 3 minutes a side. Ensure you rub some grapeseed oil and season with salt and pepper before you grill them so there is no sticking. You may use other high-heat tolerant oil if you do not have grapeseed. While the chicken is resting and cooling some, dress the salad tossing gently. Slice the chicken and serve about half a breast for each guest.