This recipe is so easy to make, and will serve 4 people. Perfect for on-the-go people who want to eat healthy. You can make these ahead of time, and freeze them, or refrigerate for up to 3 days before cooking.
You will need:
- 1 1/2 pound skinless, boneless salmon
- 2 tablespoons coarse ground mustard
- 2 Green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon capers, drained
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, or organic canola oil
To make the ginger-mustard “mayonnaise”
- 2 Tablespoons Soy “Mayonnaise”
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon finely grated, peeled, fresh ginger root
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon Tamari sauce
Mix all ingredients well in a bowl.
To make the Salmon burgers:
Cut the salmon into large chunks and put about 1/4 amount into a food processor with the coarse ground mustard. Process until the mixture becomes pasty, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add the green onions and the remaining salmon and pulse the mixture on and off until the fish is chopped and combined to the puree. Scrape the mixture into a bowl and by hand stir in the bread crumbs, capers, salt and pepper.
Shape into 4 burgers. If using immediately, heat oil in a skillet on medium high heat. Cook the Salmon burgers for 2-3 minutes per side.
You can serve on a bed of greens dressed with the ginger-mustard “mayonnaise”, buns, or with lemon wedges and a dollop of the ginger-mustard “mayonnaise”.