- 1 medium sized red beet
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped dill
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh sea scallops, muscle tabs removed
- 1 bag pre-washed mixed greens
- 1/4 cup julienne carrots
- 1/4 cup julienne Daikon radish ( can substitute Jicima)
To prepare the beets simmer them in a heavy bottom pot with acidulated water (water with acid like lemon juice) until they are tender and can be pierced with a knife. When they are cool enough to handle peel and chop them.
Place the beets and vinegar in a blender and puree until smooth. Add the olive oil, dill and salt and pepper. If necessary thin with a little water. Adjust seasoning as necessary.
Dry the scallops well on a paper towel, season with salt and pepper if you wish, and broil in the oven for about 6 to 8 minutes until golden brown and cooked through, but not rubbery.
To serve assemble the salad and add scallops atop the dressed salad.
Serves about 4